What We Believe
The ÖSM is non-denominational and works on the basis of faith of the Evangelische Allianz, the Austrian Evangelical Alliance. The members of the ÖSM confess…
- to the omnipotence and grace of the triune God, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit in creation, revelation, redemption, final judgment and perfection.
- to the divine inspiration of the Holy Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments, their complete reliability and sole authority in all matters of faith and life.
- to the complete sinfulness and guilt of mankind, which has fallen, and the consequential damnation by God.
- to the vicarious sacrifice of the Son of God, who became a man, as the sole and sufficient foundation of the redemption from guilt, the power of sin, and its consequence of eternal death.
- to justification solely by the grace of God by faith in Jesus Christ, who was crucified, risen from the dead and taken to the right side of God the Father.
- to the work of the Holy Spirit, which causes conversion and rebirth, dwells in the believer, and enables them to be sanctified.
- to the priesthood of all believers, who make up the whole church, the body, with Jesus Christ as the head, by whom they are commanded to preach the gospel in the whole world.
- to the personal, visible return of the Lord Jesus Christ in power and glory, to the resurrection of the body to be judged and to have eternal life with the redeemed in glory.